As part of the Google Play Store Developer submission process, developers are required to fill out Google’s updated Data Safety section in the Google Play Console. When completing the Safety Section portion of your developer application, you are required to provide information about your app’s data collection and privacy practices, including the practices of third-party partners like Persona whose SDK code you integrate into your app.
After February 2022, “No information available” will be shown by Google in the Data Safety section for apps that have not submitted information in the Google Play Console for review and for apps that have submitted information but the submission was rejected. Without an approval in the Data Safety section, your new app submission or app update may be rejected.
You must select answers from the options presented in Google Play Store. Please keep in mind:
- Persona’s SDKs are fully configurable by you, both in the data we collect on your behalf and how you use that data. Accordingly, you should identify all possible data collections and uses, even if not outlined here or even if certain data will be collected and used only in limited situations.
- Your answers should follow the Google Play Store Safety Section Review Guidelines and any applicable laws.
- We encourage you to consult with your legal counsel if you have questions about compliance with applicable laws or how your use of Persona implicates applicable laws.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your responses accurate and up to date. If your practices change, update your responses in Google Play Store.
- Any of the required user data types that are collected and/or shared
- Any user data sent off the user’s device by libraries or SDKs used in your app, regardless of whether this information is transmitted to you (the developer) or a third party
- Any user data transferred from your server to a third party or transferred to another third-party app on the same device
- Any user data collected or transferred through a webview which can be opened from your app, unless users are navigating the open web
*Note: you can learn more about each of these types of data use during the application submission process.
General Answers for Google’s Data Safety Section for Persona’s SDKs
Below are a series of answers about our data collection and security measures.
Does your app collect any user data that is sent off the user's device?
Is this data encrypted in transit?
Can users request to delete this data?
In addition to reviewing the information below, you are also responsible for ensuring your continued compliance with Google’s Prominent Disclosure and Consent Requirements. You’ll need to confirm the types of data that you and/or your third-party partners including Persona collect from your app before answering the questions in Google Play Store.
Approximate Location: NO
Credit/Debit Card/Bank Number: NO
Health and Fitness
Health Information: NO
Voice or Sound Recordings: NO
Files and Docs
Page Views and Taps in App: NO
Web Browsing History
App Info and Performance
Crash Logs: NO
Device or Other Identifiers
You will need to have a clear understanding of how each data type is used by you and your third-party partners including Persona. Persona provides deep linking and attribution analytics services. Depending on the type of data being collected, you may be prompted to provide more information about Persona SDKs will use and handle your data:
Is data Collected and/or Shared
YES to both
Is data “processed ephemerally”?
NO (see Play Store Safety Section for definition)
Is the collection of data necessary to the use of the app or can users choose whether data is collected?
Why is the user data collected?
App Functionality: YES
Updated 3 months ago