A Reference ID is a string unique to every user that is used to identify their Persona account in a way that makes sense to your business. Persona recommends using the same user ID that uniquely represents the user in your internal system, and providing a reference ID whenever possible.
Inquiries created with the same Reference ID will all get automatically associated with the same account, which will:
- Make it easy to know the status of all interactions between this user and Persona
- Allow for easier re-verification of the user
- Help with Preventing Users From Creating Multiple Inquiries
- Server API: (recommended) Pass in the user's
reference-idas an attribute
- SDK: pass the field in the builder
- Hosted: at the end of the URL (
- If your user has no
reference-id, you can Update their existing account with one
Reference IDs and PII
We recommend using UIDs instead of potentially sensitive information such as email addresses. Persona does not treat Reference IDs as PII.
Updated about 1 month ago